Regional Gas Heating and Plumbing Service Engineers

Mon-Fri: 9:00am - 7:00pm

Sat-Sun: 10:00am - 4:00pm


Registration No: 625146

Call Today 0121 769 2899

Tipton, West Midlands

Gas Safety Certificates for Landlord and Homeowners

All landlords are required to have their gas appliances serviced regularly to make sure they’re efficient and safe. It’s the law, as stated in the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998. The Landlords’ Gas Safety Certificate is the report which lists all the checks carried out in your annual gas safety inspection.

It will prove that all the gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for your tenants were checked by a registered Gas Safe engineer in the last 12 months.

Once this check has been completed, you will get your Cp12 (Gas Safety Certificate). You’ll need to provide a copy to your tenants within 28 days and you’ll need to give one to new renters when they move in.

At HPS, our engineers are registered with Gas Safe - ensuring your Certificate is legal. The engineer will carry out the following inspections, before you get your Landlords’ Gas Safety Certificate for the year. They will:

  • check your appliances for gas tightness
  • check the standing and working gas pressure (if test points are available)
  • check the burner pressure/gas pressure against the manufacturer’s data plate
  • check for the satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
  • test the flue flow to ensure the removal of products of combustion
  • check that safety devices work properly
  • check for any misuse of gas devices or items

If you’re in any doubt about your legal requirements and responsibilities when renting out a property you should seek independent advice. For more information visit the UK Government website.